Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

Star Trek!



Started building on a Polar Lights TOS Enterprise. Yes, this is geeky as hell, but the big E was one of the first models I ever put together and I try it out every now and then. This kit is smaller, but very lovingly detailed to look like the real deal from the show. You can make one of 4 (!) versions, the "Original" pilot "The Cage", the second pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the shooting version from the series, and the alternate universe one with the evil Mr Spock.

Why SF models? Well, I get the chance to really let my imagination run. These to me are more of a challenge to build and paint and I can try out details that don't work right on a, say, P-31. Not to say that I don't build aircraft, I've got a Delta 777 on the bench right now, and it's going to be more complex to build than the Enterprise. Because it's a commercial airliner, I have to make sure that the paint is all glossy, the metal looks like metal, and the finish is mirror smooth. Major pain.

Anyway, go here to take a look.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?